xStor FilmNAS/FilmSAN SDS Key Features
ZFS File System
- 128-bit ZFS file system– The most scalable and flexible 128-bit file system.
- Unlimited file size– Most legacy solutions limit the file sizes, in ZFS there is no reachable limit.
- Unlimited scalability– Easy and intuitive storage extensions enable unlimited storage capacity.
- Unlimited Compatibility– The Linux architecture provides xStor SDS with much better compatibility than competing products based on other operating systems.
- Warranted data integrity– Self-healing check-sums, atomic writes and transactional copy-on-write I/O operations eliminate silent data corruption and ‘write-holes’.
- NEW High Availability Load-balanced Cluster with Ethernet, SAS or Fibre Channel connection– for highest data security with SMB / NFS / iSCSI failover functionality via Advanced Metro HA Cluster Feature Pack (SAS, FC, Ethernet) or Standard HA Cluster Feature Pack (SAS, FC).
- NEW S.M.A.R.T. attributes for all disks in the log files– to easily detect indicators of drive reliability and avoid disk failure.
- Data Migration Tool– to easily transfer from other storage software.
- Disk Multipath support– for higher fault tolerance, Data Integrity and performance.
- Software RAID support– for bootable mediums for improved High Availability and security.
- System management via RESTful API– for more flexibility.
- VMware Auto Storage Rescan– for an automatic scan after planned or unplanned reboots.
- maxView Storage Manager– for a simplified monitoring, an easy maintenance process, and configuration of storage controllers in systems built on Microsemi Adaptec HBA or RAID adapters.
- Support for SMB/CIFS protocol (SMB ver. 3.02)– Protocol for Windows environments which includes fully compatible Access Control Lists (ACL) and ADS (Active Directory Service) authentication. Enables direct access to previous file versions with snapshots and is compatible with the xStor SDS failover feature.
- Off-site Data Protection– Enables asynchronous replication to local sites or co-locations with consistent snapshots, secure archiving, encryption and buffering.
- HA cluster management software– Enables quick and easy management of all cluster functionalities.
- Unlimited snapshots and clones– In most legacy solutions, the limit for snapshots is set to 255. xStor SDS allows unlimited snapshots and auto-snapshots that can be remotely activated via CLI and enable easy cloning, versioning and backup.
- Independent VIP (Virtual IP Addresses) feature– Guarantees no downtime during maintenance.
- xStor SDS WebGUI– xStor is a specialist at creating intuitive and practical WebGUIs for ease-of-use and saving of time.
- Native compression & data deduplication– Compression and inline data deduplication drastically reduce physical disk usage.
- Disk redundancy– Mirrors and RAID arrays with up to 3 parity disks ensure data safety and uptime.
- Tiered cache– RAM and SSD cache tier hot data between each other to increase performance.
- Hybrid storage pools– Utilize the I/O performance of SSDs and high capacity of HDDs in a single system.
- Unlimited snapshots & clones– In most legacy solutions, the limit for snapshots is set to 255. xStor SDS allows unlimited snapshots and auto-snapshots that can be remotely activated via CLI and enable easy cloning, versioning and backup.
- Thin provisioning– Virtually simulates a bigger volume than is physically available, and allows growing it on the fly without the need to re-format the file system.
- Storage and service reports– Generate automatic and periodic reports to manage the performance of the system and integrate it into SNMP based management solutions.
- Storage operating system– Includes latest stable packages for higher storage security.
- xStor SDS OS– built on Linux and ZFS on Linux which offers superior stability and performance.**
- 1 year of support– included with each new product license.
- Easy-to-use WebGUI– for quick and simple storage management and administration.
**xStor SDS also comes in a Windows Storage Server OS variant.